Wednesday 19 May 2010

An Anniversary To Remember




OK so, i have not blogged for a while, but i had to write down the events of this evening, you just couldn't make it up!

So, me and the OH put our differences aside and decided we would celebrate our third wedding anniversary by going out to a local Indian restaurant. And by local i mean 10 doors away from my husbands work place (he sees these people on a regular basis which made it all the worse).

So, the evening started off OK. Babysitters arrived promptly and we set off on our dinner date. So, it was a bit quiet and there i am eating my poppadoms and all of a sudden CRUNCH! i jumped up having BITTEN what can only be described an an indestructible piece of grit or a seed? anyway...cracked my tooth! really annoyed about this.

So i didn't hesitate in bringing this to the managers attention (very loudly might i add) and he didn't even offer a complimentary drink or anything, despite having told him i have just cracked my tooth!

So anyway we carried on eating and chit-chatting and our food eventually came. Delicious as it looked i decided upon what looked like a nice big juicy bit of chicken for the introductory mouthful.

How wrong i was...i started chewing and I'm thinking to myself ''god, this is dry''

carried on chewing..

Me to OH: OK this is very dry i might just choke..and lo and behold i felt the piece of dry arse chicken hit the back of my throat and just lodge there..it wasn't coming back up and it certainly wasn't going down in a hurry...you know when you swallow and swallow again but nothing happens, it just stays there.

All i remember after that is coming over all hot and that was it...creeping in like a quiet train it hit me PANIC! I'M CHOKING...i motioned to my OH to hit me on my back at which point i saw him staring blank (if not rather embarrassed) and all i kept thinking is FFS HIT MY BACK

Anyway, i managed to stumble up off of my chair and splutter the words ''pat my back, pat my BACK'' (chicken flying out of my mouth as i did this)

He finally started patting my back ( i was literally keeled over the table at this point) and thank god it dislodged and i immediately took a drink.

At which point i looked up, looked around. Oh my god, people were staring. ALL the people were staring! I mumbled something along the lines of ''I'm so sorry'' i was mortified. One gent on the next table just looked at me and said ''oh , don't mind us love you re alright''. Yea do i look alright??

Anyway i sat back down and needless to say i wanted to leave ASAP as the reality of it dawned on me, realising what just actually happened, i was sooo embarrassed i thought ''it would be great if the ground would just swallow me up now''.

Anyway, that's it...two disasters within the space of half an hour, the owner of the place was eyeing me up as if i was that girl off of The Real Hustle. They must have thought i was a right drama queen/scam artist.

We left and made it to the car and both just burst out laughing at the sheer comedy of the whole evening.

It was terrible, but i wont forget it in a hurry!

0 comments: