Thursday 7 January 2010

My 2010

Reflections of a year that's passed.


1. What did you do in 2009 that you have never done before?


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I am TERRIBLE at keeping new years resolutions. I think i had a long list of things but failed miserably at all of them. Iv stuck to a realistic amount of 2 small ones this year. (see next blog)

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My colleague and friend had a gorgeous little girl three days after xmas.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not really. Just a distant uncle and my nans-sisters-husband. Noone close though. Thank god

5. What countries did you visit?
In reality, i visited absolutely Nowhere :( and in my dreams i visited Disney world, India and New York!!

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Well do you know what, in 2009 i really lacked any sort of ambition. i was trying so hard to get my family life in order i kind of forgot about what I wanted to do, career-wise. I really want to get that fire in my belly, find a new job, maybe study for a new skill..

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Well the 2nd of February which was my daughters first EVER birthday and its also the day we got snowed in up to 3 foot of snow.
I will always remember the AMAZING time i had at Britneys Opening night at 02 in london (circus tour) It was the best!
I will never forget the 6th of may...this is the day we became ''homeless''...(long story)
and the day we moved into our gorgeous flat in st albans which i belive was the 4th of June.
Aside from that im rubbish at remembering dates!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Biggest achievment would have to be setting up home for my little baby girl, i have yet to buy property but its the nicest flat we have ever rented!! (we came from a one room studio)
Also paying off £4,000 worth of credit card debt. That was a good moment!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I feel that i have wasted a year concentrating on bad stuff, when i could have been studying/making money!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No fortunately.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
The best thing i bought was a new car. I was driving a right old sh*tter, and got sick of driving around in a 25 year old car with a 1 year old baby. So once things got better i bought myself a new astra which i LOVE. Also very proud of our 42" tv because iv ALWAYS wanted one of those but never been able to spare the cash for it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husbands bahaviour was pretty admirable, i mean we were rock bottom by may 2009 and without him i think i would have just given up. It helps to have someone to support you and we both got on with our daily routine even in the middle of an absolute crisis!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Behaviour of others that appalled me would have to come down to my ex landlord, he completely ripped us off and left my family homeless. He sigle handedly almost fucked up my whole year.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, Clothes, Car and christmas gifts (i went mad this year)

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I know this sounds sad but i got really excited about moving into a flat with seperate rooms.(you'll understand if you've ever been stuck in a rut and lived in studio flats most of your adult life)

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
The song i always think of that reminds me of being in the depth of 2009 is probably the entire Beyonce album as this was in my car for the whole year lol

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?

Happier is an understatement, i didnt ever think my luck could change as much as it has in the last 6 months. Im so much happier than i thought i would be.
I think i can honestly say im thinner, not as thin as i would like to be HAHA but iv lost a little :)
Now id definatly have to say richer, at the beginning of 2009 we hardly had 2 pennies to rub together. But, our situation has changed for the better :)


18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish id done more with my daughter. I do alot with her now but there were days when we would just sit indoors with nothing to do...i shouldve made the most of this time, and i will in 2010.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish id argued less with my partner. I take my problems out on him far too much. Iv always had a problem with my mood swings.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I absolutely loved this christmas, it was our first proper chrsitmas with a tree and decorations. We had a lovely dinner at home, opened the presents together and had a lovely feast :)

21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Not with anyone other than my husband and daughter.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ugly Betty, it kept my tuesday nights exciting. I love it so much.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I try not to hate anyone...its stupid to hate people because you just end up bitter.

24. What was the best book you read?
I didnt have time to read books in 2009 are you joking!!

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I didnt discover any new music in 2009. Still listening to the same old rubbish lol

26. What did you want and get?
I wanted an improvment in our financial situation, and i got it.
I also wanted a new car, and i got it. Happy days

27. What did you want and not get?
To win the jackpot on the lottery
To get a mortgage
To get a blackberry (getting that on the 14th jan)

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Gotta be couples retreat :) Not only the actual movie, but it was the first movie i had been to see with my husband since our little girl was born. So its got some happy memories.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On My birthday, my 24th, i was living in temporary accommodation (bleh) and i was determined to have a good time so i went out to have a pub lunch with my dad and his partner along with my brother and his (now ex) partner. It was bloody hot that day too!!

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I guess my year was the complete year, it started with some terrible lows and it slowly rose as it went on. I guess if i could have anything i would take away the first part of the year as i guess anyone can do without being homeless with no money and a 1 year old in tow. It would have been more satisfying without this bump in the road.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Well 2009 was the year i discovered i could be sexy again even after having a baby lol i started really dressing up again and got rid of my trackies and boring black trousers i used to wear!! lol i even showed my legs off a few times. I would describe my style as smart/casual

32. What kept you sane?
My Daughter

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I was really into a couple of tv stars, nothing major though. Im not really the sort of person who obsesses and fantasises about people iv never met.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
The expenses scandal. It just makes me so angry

35. Who did you miss?
I missed my nan. I have lost my mother and my nan. For some reason i still feel so sad about losing my nan. I guess i came to terms with losing my mum a long time ago and my nan was there for me when i lost her. So in a way it was double heartbreak losing her.

36. Who was the best new person you met

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Now this is deep, but i have learnt that you really cant take anything for granted. Life is just so unpredictable and as much as we try, it really is out of our hands. One day you can be on top of the world and the next you are under it.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
in no words at all, so tiny and small, in love i fall, so deep, my precious love sent from above my baby boo gotta thank you, gotta thank you. (my baby by britney spears)

0 comments: