Sunday 10 January 2010

Ready Steady Atkins

So, today is the last day of my life on this poor excuse of a ''diet'' i currently have. I said previously that i was going to start the Atkins diet tomorrow. And start it i will.

So today i have eaten a really large bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes(my current staple breakfast), yes its full of sugar and it has all the bad stuff that an Atkins dieter would have nightmares about. So yea, i really am going to miss my crunchy nut. :(

I have also had the usual cup of tea and a few hundred biscuits dunked in. Also full of sugar and other bad stuff. We're biscuit people!! what can i say. My husband rings up, you know,

''I'm about to leave work, is there anything we need at home? Milk? Biscuits? Bread?''(dont get me started on bread)

And biscuits and tea have become ''our thing'' all 3 of us. But nope, no more biscuits for me. Oh and no more tea, unless i'm willing to add some sort of sour cream in place of milk?! And yes i really do love milk. Its all i drink. I eat, drink and sleep MILK.

Ok so i know i'm sounding like a pig here, but these are just the things i live on and it just so happens that these are all the things i have to give up, for now anyway.

Enter, eggs, meat and fish. Luckily for me i can have eggs in any form i want *note the sarcasm* oh joy day one= breakfast bolied egg, Lunch= scrambled egg ... need i go on. But i like egg. I do have a feeling thats about to change though.

Yea so good old protein *beats chest*

This blog may look like im panicking, i am infact just venting. Just coming to terms with the complete elimination of all things stodgy and good.



So i shall retreat now to the kitchen and make myself one last lunchtime sandwich(not allowed any bread on Atkins) and i will enjoy it!!

See you soon



Tori x

5 comments:

Victoria said...

test

Gobledigook said...

Hiya Tori, I made the most of my last day before Atkins too.

BTW, you can replace milk with full cream in tea or coffee, and it's lovely. Drink plenty of water though, but a few cups of tea/coffee and cream are fine. If you take sugar, replace it with Hermasetas (which taste fine).

Good luck for tomorrow. You'll find once you've got through your first day you'll think, why was I stressing. Starting the diet is harder than actually doing it. You'll see. ;)

It's a Mummys Life said...

Oh god, good luck! Found you from Twitter. I gave up dieting long ago. Sadly the only thing that works for me is sheer hard exercise. damn! you could just try cutting down on carbs for a bit if it all gets too much. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are a working mummy afterall! x

Alex said...

Hi Tori, since you've got your twitter locked down, I'm forced to comment here- sorry. Does loud and cheeky in your profile cover calling complete strangers who you've never met a "jealous little tramp"? That doesn't really sound cheeky to me, that just sounds plain rude.

Anonymous said...

yes it does alex :) thx 4 the comments guys